I’ve waited my whole life to be 21, and now I’m 22.
When I was younger life seemed like it would be infinitely better when I grew up. I don’t know what gave me that ridiculous idea.
I live in a country that is 40 degrees, and I have a 9 to 5 job. Safe to say I was not expecting this. BUT, instead of being a complete douchebag, I will try to find the perks of being older.
1. The most important – I make my own money. Although Dubai is 40 degrees and a bona fide hell on earth, it currently has one of the most stable economies. I can afford pretty things and mommy can’t say no.
2. I can enjoy traveling – When I was younger you couldn’t pay me enough money to enjoy the Louvre, but now, now I tell ya!
3. I’m not as big of an idiot as I used to be – I was an imbecile. My wardrobe had a number of halter tops, with lace embellishments, enough said.
4. I like learning – School was a disaster, everything I learnt then was forced down my throat. Now, knowing more means being cool – I am cool.
5. I know what I like and what I don’t like – How many days I would spend talking about things I abhorred. How many nights I couldn’t sleep because of one stupid horror movie. ASK ME TO WATCH THE EXORCIST, I DARE YOU.
6. I like documentaries – Preach!
7. I know how to use idioms.
I suppose it doesn’t suck that bad to be 21, but like I said, I’m 22 now.